Service on Girls Like Me’s Board of Directors carries with it the responsibility to serve as a thoughtful and committed steward for the organization.
Directors are the custodians of Girls Like Me’s integrity. They hold in trust the organization’s reputation as defined by its founders and its mission statement, and as further developed by those who have served Girls Like Me in the past.
Directors accept the obligation to not only preserve, but also to advance Girls Like Me by virtue of their time, talents, and resources. Members of Girls Like Me’s board of directors agree to:
- Attend bimonthly board meetings
- Review agendas and supporting materials prior to all board and committee meetings.
- Actively participate in and contribute to all board and committee meetings.
- Attend organizational events quarterly Knowledge
- Stay informed about Girls Like Me’s operations and finances.
- Understand org’s mission, vision, purpose, policies, programs, and needs
- While serving as a director, make a meaningful personal annual unrestricted cash gift that represents Girls Like Me as one of each director’s top philanthropic priorities.
- Generously support Girls Like Me’s fundraising events and activities.
- Identify and secure prospective corporations, foundations, individuals, and/or organizations capable of providing financial support and assist in cultivating their interest where appropriate.
- Invite others to participate in Girls Like Me’s fundraising activities and serve as their hosts at those event(s)
- Promote Girls Like Me among directors’ friends, business associates, and colleagues
- Support Girls Like Me’s advocacy efforts with local, state, and federal agencies
- Participate in the board’s annual self-evaluation process
- Adhere to Girls Like Me various policies and procedures
- Work collegially with Girls Like Me’s staff and fellow directors
- Suggest to the governance committee the names of other highly qualified individuals for possible service on the board of directors
- Provide periodic financial reports and updates on Girls Like Me’s programs and activities
- Maintain directors and officer’s liability coverage
- Respond promptly to directors’ questions and requests for additional
- Provide opportunities for directors to speak with the executive director
and/or president of the board of directors